Introduction to Startup Law
Event date: 24th April 6:30 to 8.30 pm.
Guest speaker: Michael Buckworth, Partner, Buckworths
HUB Inspired organised this free legal session to cover the most important and fundamental topics to ensure that our journey is as smooth as possible when it comes to the law. This free legal session covered following topics:
- Freelancing and contracts involved
- Trademarks and Intellectual Property – ensuring you & your business are protected
- Basic legal issues and documentation required by start-ups to get up and running. Including incorporation, registration for corporation tax, PAYE and VAT
- Customer contracts and compliance with laws
- Various investments and grant funding schemes readily available for start-ups.
- It was an interactive legal session which our members found very educational and highly informative.